1. to make someone remember; recall
the aroma of freshly baked bread calls up fond memories
2. to summon, esp. for military duty
3. to telephone
4. to retrieve (data) or access (a file, menu, etc.) and display on a computer screen
1. want someone to do something
One of Kenya's leading churchmen has called on the government to resign.
2. to pay someone a short visit
Sofia was intending to call on Miss Kitts.
1. to demand; require
an emergency that calls for extreme measures
2. to come and get; stop for
3. to predict
the forecast calls for snow flurries tonight
 Webster's II New College Dictionary[M]. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2005.
 Collins Cobuild. Collins COBUILD advanced learner's English dictionary[M]. Collins Cobuild, 2006.